Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Greetings to one and all, Without any interference or assistance from the Gods, politicians have an uncanny knack of letting down the people that voted them in. At no stage in my long life, have I ever heard any British politician say that he felt obliged to give the country away. Nor has this compulsive desire ever appeared in any manifesto. "Vote for me, I will solve all your problems, by giving your country away".
It reminds me of the notice on the door of the Post Office, in Sudbury Suffolk.
"To avoid the lunchtime queues, this office will be closed from 1.00pm to 2.00pm".
One might similarly deliver the edict; "To take the pressure off the NHS, and reduce the burden of state pensions, all British people over 75 years will be shot".
There is undeniable truth in this, but aged 78 years, I find it unattractive specially as Pension Credit might wish to claim the over payment from my heir.
Governing a country is difficult, Ted Heath found it beyond him, and delegated it to foreigners.
Lord Grit's unconditional love of his 'Human Masters', is compelled to present his message, and his campaign photo.
Blossoms Archpip Plumtree

No comments:

Post a Comment